Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Bridezilla, Just Misunderstood...


I was meeting with a client last night and she asked if I ever encounter the dreaded, "bridezillas." So it got me thinking...no, I have not. Maybe I'm attracting them or something, but my clients are great! Their grooms are great! And their families are great! I have yet to encounter these crazy brides that I see on TV and that everyone is talking about.

Maybe they're just misunderstood. They know what they want, they know how they want it, and it's up to their vendors (who they pay alot of money to) to give it to them. I understand this completely, so maybe that's why I haven't had a run in. Sure, things will go wrong on your big day, but it's up to the people that you hire to make sure that they are prepared to handle it and in some cases, the bride and family never know about it. I always like to mention the crazy things that went wrong, later after the wedding. I like to see their response of, "I had no idea!" Well, that's how it should be!

There is this glamorization (not sure if that's a word) of the crazy bride, on a show that will remain nameless. ;) But, I can honestly say that's not how it is! I believe alot of that is dramatized for television and for your (and my) entertainment.

So for all you brides and potential bridezillas...sit back, relax, and I'll handle it. And, I have only one thing to say, just have fun!

No comments: