Friday, February 6, 2009

Super Bowl Recap!

I had the opportunity to be a part of a great event!! No, I didn't plan it...I volunteered!!! I attended the "Kickoff to Rebuild Tampa Bay." When the Superbowl comes to town this organization, "Rebuilding Together" fixes up a few condemned homes, usually three. This year it really great, they broke the record by fixing up 20 homes in East Tampa. I was lucky to be a part of the team fixing up the Stewart house. We installed new carpet, blinds, landscaping, and even completely renovated the kitchen, complete with new appliances!

It wasn't all work, we played too! There were lots of celebrities there including the Denver Broncos cheerleaders, lots of NFL players including Will Allen from the Bucs, and even Subway's Jared!

http://www.rttb.org/

No comments: