Friday, August 20, 2010

Wedding Movie Alert!

I'm such a sucker for a good wedding movie! Father of the Bride, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, My Best Friend's Wedding, all my favs! So you can imagine my joy when hubby brought home a wedding movie for date night, "Our Family Wedding!" (After the extreme shock that he was interested in watching this instead of an action or scary movie!)



I'd actually never heard of this particular movie, which already offered some apprehension, but I'd have to say it was a really cute movie! I say "cute" because it is pretty predictable, and the plot isn't completely UNIQUE, but I really enjoyed it.

The story is about Lucia & Marcus, a young, newly engaged couple who follow the lesson of "Our Marriage, Their Wedding," when it comes to their families. They quickly learn that the road to "I do" is not as smooth as they had previously thought. Family influences, from both sides, offer stress, and comedy, to the planning process. The main source of this stress comes from their fathers, who with their own agenda, threaten to throw a wretch in their special day. With tempers running high, egos in show, and insults flying, it's a battle down the aisle in one piece! If that doesn't make for enough emotion, Lucia's mother is engulfed with planning the wedding of "her" dreams. Lucia and Marcus soon find truth to the saying - that when you marry another, you marry their entire family!

I'll go ahead and spoil the ending and say that Marcus & Lucia do live happily ever after! :)



Check it out and let me know what you think!

Images courtesy of http://www.imdb.com/.

No comments: